CP Law Associates

What is a consent order?

What is a consent order?

A consent order sets out the financial arrangements you and your partner have come to in a divorce.

It is a legally binding document. Within a consent order document you will find in details on how you will split any assets, pensions, debts and the income you have once you are divorced.  

What is the aim of a consent order?

The aim of a consent order is to offer a level of protection if either of you change your minds in future. Included is a clean break clause which will protect any of the money or assets that you earn or receive in the future, including inheritance from being claimed by your ex partner.

They are important because once a divorce is completed it does not mean that your ex partner can’t make financial claims against you in the future, so a consent order acts as a barrier to stop this from happening. 

What do you need, to create a consent order?

The information you need to provide for a consent order form are:  

  • Your assets including bank accounts, your properties and vehicles 
  • Your debts 
  • Your pension  
  • Your income 


Once your consent form has been drafted, your ex partner will need to agree the terms and a solicitor will also look over it too.

Once complete, it will then be sent to the court for approval and endorsement.  

After the court have received the consent form they will make sure that the order is reasonable for all parties involved and the judge will take into consideration all circumstances for all people involved. 

How can CP Law Associates help you with a consent order?

Are you looking to create a consent order for you and your ex partner? Our family lawyers at CP Law Associates can draft a consent order for you, ensuring that we receive the best outcome for you.  

To find out more on how we can help you at CP Law Associates with your consent order form, please fill in our contact form below:

How to find our Guildford office:

Contact Us

Contact us today for a free, no-obligation quote.